ETC plunger sensors have a bootloader and separate firmware image that is used when it comes to programming them with a new version of software. This allows users to erase the firmware and replace it with a newer version or a release with a different feature set.
What You Need
Before planning to upgrade a sensor, you should make sure you have:
- A PC with Vision Device Management installed
- Ensure you have opened it recently while connected to the internet to get the latest firmware updates.
- A Link Device Connection (This provides both communication and power) with USB drivers installed.
Follow these steps to physically connect the sensor using a Serial connection and establish a communication session.
Check the Firmware Version
If you want to first check the firmware version that is installed on the sensor, click Get.
Download Using Vision
- Select the software file to use from the list
- The list of files is populated automatically when Vision is opened and there is an Internet connection.
- If you have been provided a special release, click Add.
2. Click Load.
3. The download progress is shown at the bottom of the screen and the number of kilobytes received will update on the controller screen.
4. When complete, Vision will automatically stop and the sensor will become available and everything can be disconnected.