When changing COM port settings, from the default, you should record the new settings as without knowing the settings you will not be able to communicate with the device.
To reset to factory defaults, the firmware image can be redownloaded using Vision.
What you Need
Before planning to upgrade a sensor, you should make sure you have:
- A PC with Vision Device Management installed
- Ensure you have opened it recently while connected to the internet to get the latest firmware updates.
- A Link Device Connection (This provides both communication and power) with USB drivers installed.
Changing Modbus Settings
- Connect to Sasquatch using Vision. Click here for details.
- Navigate to the SCADA Tab
- Click Read All.
- Modify any of the desired settings by selecting items from the drop down list. Click away from any one setting another box to have the setting written.
Typing in the number instead of using the drop down could result in the setting not changing.
Once the settings have been changed, the sensor must be rebooted to take effect.
Remember to change the corresponding settings in Vision to re-establish communication.