The AliEn2 Expert comes with 2 analog inputs that are used to connect pressure transducers. These by default are used for Line Pressure and Casing Pressure. While you can decide to use Tubing Pressure instead of Line Pressure, you will need both if you wish to use Load Factor. You will need to first install and enable a pressure splitter before they can be enabled at the same time.
WHAT YOU NEED
Before getting started, make sure you have:
- ALiEn2 Expert Plunger Lift Controller
- ALiEn2 Load Factor Firmware
- Pressure Input Splitter/Multiplexer
- 3 x Pressure Transducers
- An unused Valve connection
Install Pressure Splitter
- Plug the black, 3 pin connector into the LP input on the controller board.
- Plug the white, 4 pin connector into an unused Valve connection on the controller board.
- Wire each of the Line Pressure and Tubing Pressure transducers into the screw connections on the pressure splitter
- Wire the Casing Pressure transducer to the CP input on the controller board.
Enable Pressure Splitter
The controller has a built in function called LP-TP Select that is used with the Pressure Splitter to dynamically switch between two pressure transducers. Follow these steps to enable the pressure splitter:
- Press install.
- Scroll down to Outputs and press select.
- Scroll down to the valve that the pressure splitter is plugged into and press select.
- Scroll to LP-TP Select and press select.
Enable Pressure Transducers
Now you will be able to turn on both Line Pressure and Tubing Pressure at the same time. To enable and configure each of the pressure transducers, follow these steps.
Want to use load factor?
If you are looking to use Load Factor, more details are available here.