Load factor is a built in feature that allows you to open the well based on it’s ability to lift the fluid at the bottom of the well bore.
What is Load Factor?
Load Factor is the ratio of Fluid Pressure to Lift Pressure which is used to determine when to allow a plunger well to open the well and to rise the plunger.
The Load Factor is checked at the end of Close. The controller will wait for Load Factor to fall below the Reset Point before allowing the Rise portion of the cycle to start.
WHAT YOU NEED
Before getting started, make sure you have:
- ALiEn2 Expert Plunger Lift Controller
- Pressure Input Splitter
- 3 x Pressure Transducers
- An unused Valve connection
Connect and configure LP, TP, and CP
Connect each of Line Pressure (LP), Tubing Pressure (TP), and Casing Pressure (CP) using a pressure input splitter and enable each device as pressure sensor using these instructions.
Enable and Configure Load Factor
Once the pressure sensors are connected, enabled, and configured, you can now choose to use them for Load Factor.
- Press install.
- Scroll down to Optimize and press select.
- Select Optimization Type, scroll to Pressure/Flow Optimization, and press select.
- Scroll down to Open LF (Load Factor) and press select.
- Change to enabled and press select.
- Adjust the Open Load Factor Reset if desired. Default is 45%.